Wednesday, December 13, 2006

This Is Not Megatron!!!

A few months ago I posted that if Steven Spielberg s#!t on my childhood by releasing a wack live action version of the Transformers on July 4th, that I would find him and beat him up. Well information has been slowly leaking out about the movie, and from what I have seen it is about time for me to get back into ass beating shape. Somehow the filmakers on this project have ignored twenty-plus years source material and come with the foolishness you see on the left. Not only does this not look anything like any incarnation of Megatron, but they did not even make it look like a Transformer.

Since such disrespect has been shown to a franchise that a lot people my age are into, all bets are off. Below are some ideas I came up with to update some ideas for Hollywood consumption.

A remake of The Color Purple with an all Chinese cast set in Utah .

A movie version of Wonder Woman with Cuba Gooding Jr. as the lead.


In the next Batman movie, Batman should come out of the closet to get some of that brokeback money.

A new Rocky where he come back to fight at age 60 and...oh my bad.

An Aquaman movie with no scenes in the water or with him interacting with any fish

A Godzilla movie where he fights an evil super giraffe.

A remake of Brian's Song in which Gayle Sayers dies instead of Brian.

A re-telling of the Star Wars trilogy with ther Rebels characterized as terrorists.

Last but not least, Puerto Rican Superman.

I could go on like this all day, but I won't. Sony just released a restored double disc edition of the 1986 version of Transformers The Movie loaded with extras. If you are a fan check this out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kidd Video said...

I whole-heartedly agree. If Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg get the Transformers wrong...it's so on and crackin! TF pretty much defined my childhood. I used to run home and sit in front of the television with my peanut butter and jelly sandwich and just vegg out watching GI Joe wating for the Transformers. Man! Those where the days. After hearing some disappointing things about the movie and seeing the first trailer, I got a little nervous. However, after watching the NEW trailer, I must admit it sparked up some nostalgia. I know some die-hard fans like myself have to overlook things like Bumblebee being a Camaro rather than a VW bug, no Soundwave, a police car (Barricade) that is a deceptecon, and Tyrese. Overlooking those things might be difficult to imagine but we had to overlook things when we were kids too. Like where did Optimus Prime's trailer come from when he transformed, why did Megatron and Soundwave somehow shrink when they transformed, and why was Jazz so ghetto? And was I the only one that hated Dinobots? I know things I would like to see, like maybe Frenzy as an ipod, but that's just me. All I know, July 4th I will be in line to see this long awaited movie.

1:58 PM  
Blogger B. Holcomb said...

LOL @ kidd video (frenzy as an iPod). Well, they did mention that the dynamic b/w Starscream and Megatron will be present in the movie...but I'm still concerned.

Along the lines of questions posed by kidd video...why was the aerial bot (who transformed into a cargo jet) afraid to fly??

1:35 PM  
Blogger The News said...

You'll get the full force of Christ, don't think you won't. He was sheer weakness and humiliation when he was killed on the Cross, but oh, he's alive now--in the mighty power of God! We weren't much to look at, either, when we were humiliated among you, but when we deal with you this next time, we'll be alive in Christ, strengthened by God. Test yourselves to make sure you are solid in the faith. Don't drift along taking everything for granted. Give yourselves regular checkups.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home