Friday, May 26, 2006

My Anti Crash Moment

In the summer of 1992, my family was blessed with the opportunity to go to Spain for our summer vacation. My father had won some kind of corporate contest, and he and my mother got to go to Barcelona for the Olympics. Luckily they weren't like those negletful parents in 80's teen movies, so after they had kicked it over there for a week my sister and I flew and met them in Madrid. Since my dad had been building frequent flyer points for the better part of the 80's we flew over there first class for free.

As I'm settling into my first class seat and soaking in the almost suffocating hospitality, the white passenger in front of me turns around says "still in first huh?" What?, oh I get it Mr. White Man, you see a brother chilling in first class and he had to be bumbed up. I guess I can't pay for an internationl ticket(which I did not) like you, since you can't pay for plane tickets with food stamps. Luckily I said all of these things in my head before I reacted to the situation, because I had forgotten that I had on my Atlanta Braves hat. The guy was not a racsist, he was a baseball fan and yes the Braves were in first place. So I replied "yep still in first", he gave the thumbs up and did not bother me the rest of the flight. Relieved that I was not going to have to put up with his foolishness I ordered the chicken cor don bleu with lime sorbet for desert put on my Public Enemy tape and enjoyed the rest of my flight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home